St. Paul's Lutheran School is a "One-to-One" iPad institution for students in Middle School (6th-8th). Thank you for taking the time to review the information below and reviewing and submitting the appropriate grade level contract attached below. The iPad is a mandatory tool for our Middle School students.
Why the iPad?
- Instant “on”
- 10-hour battery life
- Easy to use
- Parental controls
- Promotes a collaborative environment vs. a screen that serves as a wall between learners and their teacher
- “Apps” enable specific learning activities to occur both inside and outside the classroom.
- “Apps” help personalize instruction, address a variety of learning styles, and create highly interactive classrooms.
- “Podcasts” take the room out of “classroom.” They can listen to a Podcast anywhere, leaving more time for meaningful discussions and team projects in the classroom.
- Anywhere access to iTunes U, home to 350,000 free lectures, videos, readings, and podcasts produced by Yale, Stanford, Oxford, and more.
- At Central Elementary School in California, students in a fourth-grade classroom using iOS devices experienced gains in their readings scores, and their overall progress rates were two to three times higher than students in other classrooms across the district.
Learning with the iPad
- From interactive lessons to study aids to productivity tools, there’s something for every student.
- Google apps
- Other Features
- Video Mirroring
- Tool for Challenge-Based Learning
- Challenge-Based Learning
- Multidisciplinary Approach
- Leverage Technology in Solving Problems
- Traditional Teaching and Learning is becoming Increasingly Ineffective for Middle and High Schools Students
- New Generation
- Instant Access to Information
- Accustomed to Managing their Acquisition of Knowledge
- Further embraces the role of content producer and publisher
Safety and Security
- Hardware and Software
- Cases and Covers
- Student Advisory Team
- St. Paul’s Wi-Fi
- Firewall – Content Filter (assists in blocking access to sites)
- Parents as Partners; Talk to Your Kids about Technology – Address Pathways to Excellence and Potential Pitfalls
- Understand and Utilize Parental Controls
- Second Step Anti-bullying Program
- What it really comes down to…
- External Filters vs. Internal Filters
- Parental Controls
- Parent and Student Training
- Household Philosophy of the iTunes Account
- Household Technology Policy: When, where, how much?
- Home Wi-Fi
- iPad Air
- iPad Pro
How to Setup your student email account on the iPad :
In place of username use this format for our school: email@example.com
Same directions here without the illustrations:
1. Download all google apps (Gmail, Google Drive, Google Classroom, Google Calendar, Google Docs, and Google Slides)
2. Sign in to Gmail with your student email and temp password provided, it will then ask you to change the temp password to one only you know.
3. Then open all the other Google apps and select the student account that you log into Gmail with and your all done and logged in to your student's Gmail account.
If you have any questions or issues contact Techsupport@splsorange.org