Battle of the Books
What is Battle of the Books? (BOB)
- Reading TEAM open to 4th and 5th grade students only
- Close Reading: recall events of the stories to answer questions
- Game-style TEAM competition with local schools
- TEAM members develop collaboration skills for success
- Individual strengths can and will shine
Interested students should read at least 5 of the books from the list over the summer. This is not required, but certainly helpful. During the school year students will read more books from the list, discuss, and answer questions in weekly meetings to prepare for the Spring competition.
Books are available for check out during the summer in the school office. Books are also available at your local library or bookstore. If you’d like to check out books from school this summer, please fill out this Google form to request the book. It will be available for pick up from the school office. Please contact Mrs. Renken at email@example.com for more information.
To check out a book click here: BOB Summer Checkout
Battle of the Books 2021-2022